- HPS sponsored a CLE seminar luncheon for the Real Property and Probate sections of the Broward County Bar Association (BCBA). More than 60 attorneys attended the event at the Tower Club in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. HPS’ Eugene Pettis along with John Primeau, an attorney and chairman of the Real Property section, provided opening and closing remarks. Speakers were Perry S. Itkin, president of Dispute Resolution Inc., and Rohan Kelley, manager with The Kelley Law Firm. Click here to view a photograph and information that was published in the December 2009 issue of the BCBA’s newsletter, the “Barrister.”
- HPS sponsored the ICABA Premier Recognition & Networking Reception at Nova Southeastern University H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship in Davie, FL. Eugene Pettis, who was recognized by ICABA among South Florida’s 100 Most Accomplished Blacks in Healthcare & Law, presented the special recognition tribute to the ICABA Legends in Law. Click here to view a photograph taken at the event.
- HPS donated 25 Thanksgiving meal baskets to Lauderdale Manors Elementary School in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Click here to read an article published in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
- HPS sponsored SouthWest Aquatics and the Gift of Swimming children’s swim programs in Orlando, FL.
- HPS sponsored a networking happy hour for the Broward County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (BACDL). More than 30 attorneys attended the event at the Samba Room in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- HPS sponsored the Family Law track at the Broward County Bar Association’s Bench-Bar Conference in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Eugene Pettis served as a speaker.
- HPS sponsored an awards ceremony and cocktail reception for Beverly Vesel and Juliette Lippman, honorees as 2008 co-chairs of the Broward County Bar Association’s (BCBA) Family Law section. HPS worked closely with the BCBA and Denise Jensen, an attorney and the 2009 chairperson of the Family Law section. More than 30 attorneys attended the event at the BCBA. Click here to view a photograph published in the November 2009 issue of the BCBA’s newsletter, the “Barrister.”
- HPS sponsored the Corporate Counsel Women of Color 5th Annual Career Strategies Conference at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas, NV.
- HPS sponsored the 2009 Annual Workers’ Compensation Educational Conference & Annual Safety and Health Conference in Orlando, FL. At the conference, it was announced that Neal C. Falk, an HPS partner who manages the firm’s Workers’ Compensation Department, was elected by his peers to the Employer/Carrier seat for the Executive Council of the Workers’ Compensation Section of The Florida Bar.
- HPS sponsored the Annual Florida Bar Convention, in Orlando, FL.
- HPS sponsored the American Bar Association’s National Legal Malpractice Conference, in Miami.
[ back ]